Roots, history and tradition

The Masseria Frattasi winery is located in the mountains, under the Taburno, the building dates back to 1779, the year the farm was founded.

Taburno derives from Taurn, which in Minoan dialect meant mountain crossed by ravines and canyons. The peoples of Crete brought the vine in the first Greek colonization in these lands, three thousand years ago.

The Clemente family started the area's wine renaissance.
He made Falanghina known, the oldest white grape variety in Europe, in all markets of the world, from Japan to Sweden, from Phoenix to Tokyo, from San Diego to Cairo.

From here, from the lands of grandfather Antonio, the first seedlings of the seedlings began to spread in other provinces and municipalities in the area.
In this handful of crushed stones on the steep sides of the mountain, the Falanghina has always been cultivated, the area is the capital of the most prized white in the South.

The wine labels have a ceramic on the front. They are the work of Giustiniani, the most famous eighteenth-century ceramist, with the classic yellow, green and blue of the Neapolitan tradition.
Giustiniani had a shop a few kilometers from the farm, he decorated the palatial chapel of the seventeenth century.
When the earthquake destroyed the chapel we recovered the riggiole, the tiles depicted on the labels and we revived them no longer under the feet of the faithful, but in front of their palate.

There are no gastronomic variations where there is no grape and wine, between a hundred varieties and a thousand maturations.

Between the powerful walls of the company and the cellar, even a meter and a half thick, the rhythms of life are slow and punctuated with the rhythms of the harvests.